Avid Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default the easy way to butcher a deer

i like to skin the deer the same time i gut it in the woods i just gut pull the hide back peelit down and use it as a pertection from durt quarter the deer remove
    all the meat puy every thing in trash bags carry out all that you are going to use leave the rest for the woods critters thay have to eat too

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

I've honestly never did that before. I like to leave the skin on for protection against the elements until I can at least get it to a cooler. Usually I skin it when I get back home where I can hang it.
    If it's cold enough outside during the hunt, I'll leave the skin on to help keep the meat looking better for cutting. This is only done if it's very cold out and I know the meat is cold and not going rancid.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

We have to bring the whole deer (minus the guts) to the checking station. We are allowed to quarter a moose though, if proof of sex is left attached. It's usually cold enough during deer season here (except the early part of bow season) that we don't have to worry about spoilage.
    If I can see it, I can hit it. Now, where did I put my glasses?

Avid Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default let me explean

Quote Originally Posted by Gunload Master View Post
    I've honestly never did that before. I like to leave the skin on for protection against the elements until I can at least get it to a cooler. Usually I skin it when I get back home where I can hang it.
    If it's cold enough outside during the hunt, I'll leave the skin on to help keep the meat looking better for cutting. This is only done if it's very cold out and I know the meat is cold and not going rancid.

i should have said that my truck is usely close 50 yards or so .so i dont drag
    at all i just put the meat in trash bags and carry it to the truck the deer is still warm it makes both the skinning and the butchering easier

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

testhop I think up here you would have a little bit of a problem with the Game Warden.
    This could cost you your rifle, vehicle and animal along with a trip to court and that side order of fine.
    We have to have species, sex attatched to the carcass along with the tag.
    Ken.
    Ken.

Love to Live, Live to Shoot.

Avid Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak1 View Post
    testhop I think up here you would have a little bit of a problem with the Game Warden.
    This could cost you your rifle, vehicle and animal along with a trip to court and that side order of fine.
    We have to have species, sex attatched to the carcass along with the tag.
    Ken.
    where i hunt proving sex is not a problum it is a eather sex if you have a doe tag
    and i always do if i hunt as there are way to meny deer