Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: favorite rifle

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default favorite rifle

i have 2 at this time. the first is a savage model 16 in 308 with accutrigger. it has a 3x9 burris fullfield II mounted in leupold base and rings. it will consistently shoot .75 inch groups at 100 yds with win. 168 gr ballistic silvertips. one hellava deer getter.
    the other is a ruger 10/22 glassbedded in factry stock, custom trigger job with 1 1/2 lb pull and simmons 3x9 AO scope. with wolf match ammo it shoots 10 rds into .50 at 50 yds. great squirrel rifle.
    my next one will be a re-barreled savasge in 223wssm-can't wait to get started on that.
    Do your best. Keep your promises,
    Life member-NRA, NAHC, & MOAA.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Right now the TC Encore gets used more than any other in the cabinet
    Dave

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

My favorite rifle is usually the one I bought last. Currently that is the Springfield Armory SOCOM 16 M1A. This is a really fun rifle to shoot, and besides, I've wanted an M1A for years!
    "I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car!"

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by Reloader
    My favorite rifle is usually the one I bought last. Currently that is the Springfield Armory SOCOM 16 M1A. This is a really fun rifle to shoot, and besides, I've wanted an M1A for years!
    Man a M1A would be nice.
    I got close enough though with my SAIGA 308,9 round mags and it wears a 6-24 Sightron Scope. I have 2 spare mags that gives me 27 rounds w/o reloading a mag but I have been told the Isreali 308 Galil mags will fit and function in my SAIGA. Now to trip over some hens teeth and have my chin land on a stack of those rare mags.
    I gave just about $230.00 for my 308,and considering the pedigree of the AK's as durable I have not been disapointed,reliable sells it short. And my big AK is delivering rather surprising accy as well. With LC 68 ammo I have no problem gutting milk jugs at 2-300 yards. For the low dollar output -high shooting quality,frugal minded type like myself I am very glad I bought one when I did.

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Hello all! Under 45 nuts advice I have mosied over here. It looks like a real nice site.
    My favorite rifle is a old tang safty Ruger mod 77 in 270 with a 2.5x8 B&L scope. me and that rifle have lowered the deer population quite abit in NM.....buck

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

My problem is I love em all !But if it came to the crunch I think my Marlin 1895 in 45-70 would be up the top of the list ! Followed closely by my 1902
    #1 Enfield which has served me faithfully for many years

Dave

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Smile My Baby, a Turkish converted Mauser

I have several WW2 era rifles and pistols, Enfields, Mosin, SKS, etc. But my favorite I call Baby. It's a Turkish Mauser. What makes it different is not only the looks but the longer barrel. When I got it I spent two days getting rid of every bit of cosmoline. It looked like this old Turk had been put it away for over 60 years as the action, bolt, barrel etc. was brand new. The wood had a few storage dings but I took care of that. Nice oil finish. All for $105.00!!!!! Shoots real sweet and because of it's greater weight has less recoil than some of my others.

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Favorite rifle? Hmmmm..... Tough one.... Mauser 98's, Lee Enfields, VZ52/57, 94 Win 30-30 or .32 Spl, plus more..... Hakim, M-N, SKS, Garand, more....
    If there ain't no gun range in Heaven, then I'm goin' to hell!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Welcome to the forum Mauserman & kjohn.
    If I absolutely had to pick a favorite, I think I'd go with my Old Canoe Paddle, an ancient Rem788 in .308 that will outshoot anything but a tuned custom match rifle. Not the prettiest rifle in the rack by any means, nor the most expensive, but still the first one I choose for the range or the field.
    If I can see it, I can hit it. Now, where did I put my glasses?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Talking fav's

#1- My Ruger 25-06 Heavy Barrel
    #2- My 300 H&H.
    Both are deadly and just plain enjoyable to shoot.
    Ken
    Ken.

Love to Live, Live to Shoot.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Welcome to the forum everyone!

A favorite rifle? I would hate to pick a favorite.. the others might get too jealous

Beginner Reloader Bullshop Junior's Avatar
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Thumbs up

My good old Remington 788 223 rechambered from 222. I took that out today with my faverate load of 19gn of 4895 and the 55gn CBE. I shot to rabbits and a grouse yesterday, and four grouse today. I shot one it the brest and it peeled the meet of the bone for me.
    My second faverate one is my Marlin "S.S.S." modle 60, 22.
    And my faverate one that I want is my dads first year marlin 1895 45/70.
    DANIEL/BS JR.

Command Fire!!! BOOM BOOM BOOM BOBOBOBOOM!!!

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

My current favourite is my Sako Finnbear in 7mm rem.mag but i like all my guns.

Advanced Reloader Bullshop Junior X2's Avatar
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

My favorite is my 22 Hornet, I haven't got my 6.5 S.M. to shoot real good yet. I don't mess around with it that much , besides I've only had it for a yaer , speaking of which I still have a load to work up for that thing. I should get around to it sometime this week. I don't think I am going to use the 85.0gn,
    TONY/BS/JRX2
    Never rassle with a pig, you will both get dirty and the pig likes it!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Tony the Little Hornet would have to be one of the greatest little round avalible on this planet ! I have a Old Martini sportco (Sportco were a company based in Adelaide South Australia for many years ! They closed down in the early 1970s & moved to the US where they now trade under the name of KIMBER) My uncle was the head Gunsmith at Sportco for some years & bulit the rifle for me ! It has shoot thousands of Rabbits ,Foxes , Kangaroos (before the min cal was changed to .222) Goats ,Dingos ,Pigs & even about 50 camel (no it is not a sutible camel rifle ,but when there is nothing else at hand & you keep it down to 50yrds & head shots ) I suppose of all my working rifles it has earnt me the most money over 40 odd years as a Pro !

Dave
    EXPERIANCE ........Is something you gt 5mins after you needed it

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

The Hornet is a good cartridge. A few years ago someone gave us two yaks, so Dad went down there and shot each one in the head one time and killed them deader then a door post.
    TONY/BS/JR.X2

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop Junior X2 View Post
    The Hornet is a good cartridge. A few years ago someone gave us two yaks, so Dad went down there and shot each one in the head one time and killed them deader then a door post.
    TONY/BS/JR.X2
    WHAT?!?
    Kurt Hargarten
    GSP Rescue Volunteer, Brittany Rescue Volunteer
    Trenton, FL.
    I'm out of my mind, be back in a minute...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Talking

My 2 current favorites are my Stevens 200 in .223 and my Marlin 1894C in .357Mag.
    Kurt Hargarten
    GSP Rescue Volunteer, Brittany Rescue Volunteer
    Trenton, FL.
    I'm out of my mind, be back in a minute...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Quote Originally Posted by GSPKurt View Post
    WHAT?!?
    GSPKurt,
    The 22 hornet is no slouch! Oldbushman shoots camel with his hornet, but as he said,this is an exact quote, he said: (no it is not a sutible camel rifle ,but when there is nothing else at hand & you keep it down to 50yrds & head shots )
    Tony

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

G-Day Dave!
    This is BS Sr. I never knew that about Sportco, that they became Kimber. When the old Kimber of Or. went out some of the employies bought the machinery and moved to Stevensville Mt. to start the Cooper Co..
    When they first started they had thier own proprietary cartridge the 22 CCM ( cooper centerfire magnum) It is pretty much a centerfire (reloadable) 22wrm but you can get a bit more zap out of it.
    They didnt make many as they had trouble with the early brass splitting and they just didnt sell so dropped it.
    I have one and that is my favorite. I have worked out many loads all with cast. One is with an NEI #2 45gn fngc and 3.3gn 800X and a Fed #100. That gives over 2000 shots per lb powder. I once shot it into 7 1 gallon milk bottles filled with water and put an oak pallet behind that and the little 45gn bullet went through all.
    Cost me less than $2.00 to load a box of 50. You can sure get alot done with that little bugger.
    BIC/BS