Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plainbase 30-06 loads?

Boolit Bub

one you might try

Lyman 311410 size 0.311". vary seating depth as required. try 10 gr. of fast burning powder, 13 gr. of Unique though Blue Dot or about 16 gr. of 2400 or SR4759

Brian

damron g
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    George

I was using the issue '03 peep sight on the slide, my eyes were much better back then. I was able to keep my reduced 600 yards scores in the very high 90s and ran numerous 100s. That's prone with the sling and no other support. The 10 ring on the 100/600 reduced target makes for a 2 moa group. I lived in Portland for a while and was a member of Douglas Ridge and shot HP there. I used the '03 with the reduced loads in the off season for practice. I was really sad to see Liberty's owners retire as they were very nice people and gave very good service. I bought quite a few cast bullets from them of various sort.

Larry Gibson
    I shot at Douglas once,but they no longer hold CBA matches there.Your accuracy is about like i have then.Its just a teaser when you get a few 10 shot groups into an inch or so a and think you havce it whipped and the next groups are 1.5" wide and 3" tall!!
    I cant remember the couples(Liberty) names,but they were good people.They used to also hand out at NEI when Melander was alive and it was good time visits.

George Damron
    Last edited by damron g; 12-24-2009 at 05:57 PM.

damron g
    Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    Lyman 311410 size 0.311". vary seating depth as required. try 10 gr. of fast burning powder, 13 gr. of Unique though Blue Dot or about 16 gr. of 2400 or SR4759

Brian
    I never used that much 2400 in PB loads,but 11g works good.I shot my 311410 HP last weekend with 8.5 of Unique(1300 fps ) and it shot not any worse or much better than 2 MOA.I would imagine 16.0 to push 1550.I'll try bumping my 311410 load up and see what happens.With 8.5 of Unique and a loose seated 190g bullet i get 1175.I would imagine 13.0 to be really moving for a barebottom bullet,but its worth a try.My friend shoots a case full of 4831 in a 30-30 bolt rifle with a 175 PB bullet.Velocity is a tad over 1500 and it shoots 2MOA or so,but the chamber needs to be scrubbed often to remove unburnt powder.He still has some of the $1 a pound 4831 from the 60's so he doesnt mind burning it up!!

George