Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default Another lie about a bear

I can't seem to get much activity going by telling lies, but I'll try this one before giving up. After a while, you wonder if any one but a select few reads them.
    I think this one was also told to me by John Shick, but am not clear about that, as it's been 46 years at least since I heard it.
    Speaking of bears, which we weren't, I once encountered one while I was lost in the desert. I had decided that the only way I would ever get rich was to find gold or buried treasure or something. For sure I wasn't going to get there at $30 a month cowboying. Well, I followed a lead I picked up by eavesdroppingat a dependable place, a bar, and soon found myself lost in the desert, out of water, and abandoned by a sorry little burro I had traded a good cow horse for. After a couple days I was seeing mirages and dreaming about water and had decided I could go no further. I happened to check my backtrail and got inspiration to go on, as there was a huge grizzly bear on my trail. I mean I got up and ran! After a while, I was beginning to flag like a quarter horse after a mile and a half, and was again thinking of giving up when I spotted a group of trees up ahead. I thought that if could just make it to those trees, maybe I could climb one and be safe, as I had always heard that griz don't climb trees. Well, that old griz was making considerable gain on me , so I again found inspiriation to exceed my normal capabilities and catch another gear, so to speak. Just as I was getting to the trees, I could feel the breath of old griz on my hip pockets, so I made a flying leap at a lower limb when, POOF! the trees disappeared. I figured out that they had been a mirage all along.
    Man, that's terrible, what did the bear do?
    Huh? Oh, noth'in as he was a mirage too.
    DALE

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Anyone out there?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

It's got to be the worst lie I've heard from a guy who didn't want to work. I usually walk away shaking my head without a word, sorry

I had a buddy, in grade 8 to 10, who would tell us what he had done during his week-ends.... When I was allowed to watch TV, I had usually seen the whole adventure around 9 on Friday or Saturday.... With the TV interdiction thing though, it took me a while to figure him out

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Talking

" The surest way to spoil a good story is by sticking to the facts"

Old Vaquero saying

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Man it must be hot down there with hallusinations like that!!
    Ken.
    Ken.

Love to Live, Live to Shoot.

Advanced Reloader Bullshop Junior X2's Avatar
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

That's one way to consider a lie good.
    I've got another,
    once two boys found a ten dollar bill and their school teacher found them arguing about it so asked , what are you boys arguing about?
    one of the boys said ,we found a ten dollar bill and we are going to give it to the person who told the biggest lie . Then the teacher said , you ought to be ashamed of yourselves, when I was your age i didn't even know a lie was! the two boys gave her the ten dollar bill.
    bic/bs jr x2
    Never rassle with a pig, you will both get dirty and the pig likes it!

Beginner Reloader Bullshop Junior's Avatar
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

You Liar!
    Daniel/BS Jr.
    Command Fire!!! BOOM BOOM BOOM BOBOBOBOOM!!!