Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Default CJ Hamilton & Son

CJ Hamilton & Son
    Has anybody heard of one of these old guns? I found it in my fathers gun case after he died. It is an old single shot 22 and has the number 43 on it and the date 1910. To date I have not been able to find any information on it. He was supposed to have got it for his 5th birthday.
    Last edited by Bill Church; 01-11-2009 at 02:45 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count

If you post a photo of it, that would help a lot. Back then, the medium sized arms makers often put the names of their retailer customers on their products. The best known are probably Sears & Roebuck, who sold rifles and shotguns made by many different firms under their name, but there were hundreds of companies that did it the same way. A photo would help to identify the actual manufacturer if it is one of those guns. Although I am the last person to claim any expertise in antique rifles, I figure the name ought to ring a bell if it was a well known firm, and it doesn't. But someone here should recognize the picture, even if I can't.

Resize a .jpg or .gif file to less than 100kb and attach it using the Manage Attachments button under Attach Files below the Reply To Thread window.
    If I can see it, I can hit it. Now, where did I put my glasses?

Beginner Reloader
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count

Good idea.

I assume that this gun was made before the introduction of 22 long rifle loads. It only list shorts and longs on it. It has a brass barrel inside a steel tube and remindes me of a BB gun. The closest thing I can think of is the gun that the little boy (luke) carried in the old series The Rifleman.